Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (abbreviated as CGBSE) is a board of education in state of Chhattisgarh, India. CGBSE is state agency of Government of Chhattisgarh in India, it is responsible for promotion and development of secondary education in Chhattisgarh. The Board has conducted its exams independently from the year 2002, and conducts High School, Higher Secondary and Diploma Courses.
The various FUNCTIONS of the Board as mentioned in the CGBSE website are:
- Highschool / Higher Secondary / Higher Secondary Professional / Physical Training Certificate Test Certificate and D. Ed. Operation of the examinations.
- Instructions for the proposed curriculum for the Chhattisgarh Secondary Education Board and advise the government for the creation of textbooks.
- Recognition of High School and Higher Secondary Schools located in Chhattisgarh
- Take all necessary steps to raise the level of Chhattisgarh Secondary Education Board.
- Encourage students and teachers to encourage and motivate them
After the formation of Chhattisgarh state on 1 November 2000, Chhattisgarh government School Education Department was upgraded to Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education on 20 September 2001 under Legislative Notification No. 10-5-/13/2001-Raipur-20-7-2001.
CGBSE conducts the examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March. The results are declared by the end of May.
- High School leaving certificate exam (regular / self study / correspondence)
- Higher Secondary School leaving certificate exam (regular / self study / correspondence)
- Higher Secondary (Professional) School leaving certificate exam (regular / self study)
- Diploma in Education (regular / correspondence)
- Diploma in Physical Education