Every Year, UPSC recruits a huge number of candidates for the following services in the Indian Government based on the Civil Service Examination. All India Services
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
Sarkari Job Contents
Group A Services
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
- Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
- Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Information Service (IIS)
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
- Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service (IP&TAFS)
- Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-IT)
- Indian Revenue Service (IRS-C&CE)
- Indian Trade Service (ITrS)
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Group – B Services
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (AFHCS)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Civil Service (DANICS)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Police Service (DANIPS)
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Pondicherry Police Service
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Exam
Nationality – For the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), a candidate must be a citizen of India.
Age Limits: Minimum Age Limit – 21 years; Maximum Age Limit – 30 Yrs (relaxable to 5 years for SC/ ST and 3 years for OBC Candidates)
Minimum Educational Qualifications -Graduation or Degree in any discipline from any recognized university in India. Candidates of Final Year can also apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam. Number of attempts permitted for UPSC Civil Services Exam
- For General category candidates – 6 Attempts
- For OBC category candidates – 9 Attempts
- For SC/ ST Candidates – no restriction on the number of attempts (till 37 years of age).
UPSC Civil Services Exam Plan
The New UPSC Exam pattern for Civil Services Exam is available now. Grab detailed UPSC Exam Pattern for both Prelims and Mains written Exams from this page. You should know the UPSC Exam Pattern clearly, to crack UPSC IAS Exam in the first attempt. UPSC Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for selecting candidates for the Main Examination; and
(ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the final selection of candidates for the various Services and posts mentioned above. UPSC Civil Services Exam – Important Dates
- Official Notification announcement – February Month every year
- e – Admit Card Availability for Preliminary Exam – May month
- Commencement of Preliminary Exam – June – July month every year
- Results Declaration of Preliminary Exam – Mid-August
- Commencement of Main Exam – October every year
- Results Declaration of Main Exam – March (2nd week)
- Commencement of Personality Test (interview) – December each year
- Declaration of UPSC Result of IAS Final stage – May to June.
Latest Official Notification on UPSC Civil Services Exam
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam
Candidates can apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam through online mode only, using the below-granted link. Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- through net banking or by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash. For Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates – No Application Fees required. Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
Apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exam
UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern
- Stage 1:- Preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test)
- Stage 2:- Main examination consisting of nine papers of conventional (essay) type
- Stage 3:- Personality Test (interview)
- Know the exact, updated clear UPSC Syllabus now. Get detailed UPSC Syllabus for both IAS Preliminary and Main Exam. Grasp UPSC Syllabus for all papers from this page. Practice with the Latest 350+ UPSC Question Paper to improve your answering skills.
How to appear for UPSC CS Main Examination?
The UPSC Civil services (CS) Main Examination is scheduled to be held on October 28, 2017. To participate in the Civil Services (Main) Examination, all candidates who have qualified Prelims exam have to fill up the DAF (Detailed Application Form) for Civil Services Main (CSM) Examination and submit it online. The DAF (CSM) will be available from 17th August 2017 to 31st August 2017 till 6.00 P.M.
The UPSC Admit card, along with the timetable of the Main Examination, is available for the eligible candidates around 2 weeks before the commencement of the examination.